Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A grand new acquisition!


I'm so pleased with my new purchase. Last Friday we went to the Baldwin Park area of Orlando to check out their first "Art Stroll". Artists were outside at tables and there were dance performances and live music. Fun! We checked out the art, strolled, browsed the shops, ate at a sidewalk cafe and had a lovely time. The best part was finding a vintage style post card rack at a home decorating store for only $16.25! (they were liquidating their stock) I have secretly been lusting over exactly such a thing for some time. Pottery Barn had a couple of different models last year for (of course) big bucks. Why would I possibly want such a thing?? Well, A) I think it looks way retro cool and B) it makes a great display for my fabric post cards that I make from time to time. Now I have a suitable display and can participate in some of the little local art shows exactly like Baldwin Park's Art Stroll or even Sanford's "Alive After Five." http://sanfordinfo.com/alive-after-five-updates/historic-sanford-florida--events/

I'll blog about my postcards in my next post and show some pix of already completed cards. Basically, they are 4 X 6 miniquilts and, yes, they go through the mail!

Oh--and don't forget to vote for your favorite in the Art Duel------->

No comments: