Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Energy Drink Jewelry

So...you know I save all sorts of odds and ends that catch my eye, right? I've posted previously about my quilts that featured (among other things) fortune cookie fortunes, vintage buttons, snaps, hook and eyes, rubber o-rings... well, the list goes on and on (just wait for my bread twist-tie piece!)

Well, I had these energy drink pop tops*--I really love their iconic shape and their cool metallic colors. I wanted to make some jewelry out of them and finally came up with this design employing an aluminum chain and some wire wrapped links and beads.

I got to have a lot of fun picking out the bead combinations that went with each top keeping up the rainbow vibe. An added bonus is the nice little jingly sound this necklace makes at every movement. I think I'll make another one, too!

Clearly this is a recycled craft, so OF COURSE its for sale in my new etsy shop! See Rainbow energy drink pop top necklace for more details!

* and, no, I don't drink them--they are vile and I can't get past the smell of them, thank you. But my sixteen year old son does like them very much and has graciously collected them for me.

1 comment:

Luísa Lión said...

ohh I love it this is perfect for colour blocking as well! very well done Liz <3

Hugs and Kisses from Germany,
Luisa