Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick update

 Just a quickie post to stay in touch and let you all know that while I have been working that pesky day job I have also been trying really hard to keep up with my projects. Here's two solid rows of the stencil repeat. At this point I'm not really sure how many rows I'll end up doing. At least one more, maybe two?? I'm just not sure.

Here's a close-up of the little recycled quilt. Its all pinned now and ready for quilting on the machine. Still trying to decide about the quilting pattern. Organic free form curves doesn't seem to go with the whole feel of this piece. Straight line sewing and contour outlines seem most likely.  No rush on this now--I missed the entry deadline for the show I was thinking about. Oh well, that's happened before--its no biggie. I figure I get a different sort of piece in my inventory, one that I wouldn't have ordinarily have tried if hadn't been for the entry requirements.

Well, that's it for tonight. I have some more postcards in the works and you'll be seeing those here really soon too.

1 comment:

Luísa Lión said...

ahhh perfect!! I am so happy for you that you decided to give that living room walla another new makepver because I was really sad for you guys when I entered the house and saw you had to remove all of the amazingly coloured walls.. And I'm pretty sure people would be even more oimpressed by nice art work than by plane walls don't you think :)+
Love it but did you all make that BY HAND??
HOW??

Luisa