Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm still enjoying t-shirt yarn knitting and wanted to branch out from my semi-circular pattern so after a little pattern research I adapted a pattern more typically used for scrap yarn to make afghans. Once again I used my largest needles (#17) and just started knitting. I really liked how it turned out, I'll likely make another one when I have enough yarn scraps gathered again.


My daughter, Fiona, makes a lovely foot model, doesn't she? She had just the perfect shade of nail polish on her toes, too. Like the other mats that I have been making, the body of the mat is basically garter stitch so it is surprisingly soft and cushy to stand on. Here's a close up:


I have to say, T-shirt yarn is really nice to work with--its soft and has some stretch/give to it. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you make some yarn (or buy some on etsy) and give it a go!

On a completely different creative note, I've been dabbling in a little photography as well. Here's my favorite picture of one of my window plants. I shot a bunch of pictures of this bunch and the lighting on this one was the best.


That's all for today. I have some more domino pendents in the works so I hope to get those finished, photographed and posted soon.

No comments: