Back in the studio this weekend and got all of the quilting done! Yay!
Have to bury all of those loose ends--a tedious job. But it has to be done.
I finally got to the print stripes. I chose a light rose pink thread for the quilting.
I almost forgot that I needed 2 circles for the end pieces of that cylinder. Here's the "quilt sandwich". No fancy stripes here, just the floral print.
And here they are all quilted. Pretty simple, really.
I decided that the striped piece was just a little blah--it was missing something. The stripes weren't cohesive. So I added some decorative stitching on the boundary of each one of the stripes. A featherstitch in yellow for each one. I like it now!
And then, since I was still going for that homey, cottage look, I decided to wash the two pieces before assembling them. The cotton in the top, batting and backing all shrink up just a little, leaving a puckered, wrinkled effect. Not what I go for in my artquilts but perfect for a pillow cover. So this has been washed.
Maybe you can see the puckers a little better here.
Next step: assembly!